Wash & care instructions
At nuaa, we create products for the kindred womenfolk. Therefore, we love textiles that are comfortable to wear and convenient to care for. And it is a well known fact that textiles woven on the loom offer precisely that. Because of their construction they are easy to care for and maintain as well.
All our products are pre-washed pre-shrunk and de-starched before printing to allow for deeper penetration of colours while printing. The colours of our prints will not bleed. Needless to say, with regular washes it will, however, fade over a period of time. Our cotton fabric will get softer with each wash as cotton can withstand regular washing. Please expect 5-7% shrinkage in our cotton fabric.
All most all our products are washable in the machine. You can choose to hand wash our products too. However, we recommend that you wash your nuaa products separately for the first few washes. Please always use mild detergent and dry in shade.
If your nuaa product has is silk then we recommend that you dry clean them as silk requires gentle handling. Please ensure that your dry cleaner does not use starch.
If your nuaa product has embellishments then we recommend that you dry clean them or hand wash the product.
The following tips will help you extend the life of your nuaa product further:
- Always wash your nuaa products separately the first few washes
- Always machine wash in cold water on gentle cycle and use mild detergent
- Wash clothes in similar colours together
- Some colours may require to be washed separately the first few times
- Iron with warm to hot iron while the clothes are still damp. If your product has dried, then slightly dampen the fabric before ironing
- We recommend that your dry clean your silk products